Protein Treatment For Natural Hair
Avocado is not just a healthy part of our diet but also an amazing hair treatment. There are so many benefits to avocado in general. Here are a few reasons its great for your hair. Avocado oil has a variety of proteins and vitamins that promote hair growth and prevents hair loss, it adds shine and luster due to its moisturising capabilities and helps prevent split ends.
‘Home beauty experts swear by avocado—and not just to repair damaged hair. Its oils (which are light and moist like our own natural skin secretions) and proteins boast the best combination of nutrients for smoothing and weighing down unruly hair’. For other homemade hair remedies checkout Woman’s Day‘
This is how I use Avocado on my hair…
One egg OR Banana
2 tbs of Water
1 tbs of olive oil (optional)
- Blend up half or a whole avocado with a tiny bit of water (you can add a banana to at this point or an egg yolk for added protein)
- Strain the blend to get rid of tiny little bits that are likely to get caught up in your curls
- Add an oil of your choice (this is optional)
- Have your hair in sections, whatever works for you, and massage concoction into clean, damp hair.
- Let sit for 15 minutes or more before rinsing your hair out.
Adding a banana helps when detangling and strengthening those strands. Its rich in potassium, vitamins, natural oils and carbohydrates that not only add a healthy shine to hair but also helps control dandruff. Egg yolk is rich in protein and makes a great deep conditioner. It strengthens your hair and helps to prevent breakage.
Adding an oil helps with shine and sealing in moisture.
I hope this has been helpful. So when you next have a pamper day, don’t forget to treat your hair and try out some home made hair remedies. You might discover that most of the ingredients are already at your disposal.
With Luv xx